The Engineering Society of York (ESOY) is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for College Engineering Society Scholarships to be award this spring for the academic year starting this fall. The scholarship will be awarded to active student members of ESOY, and will be based on academics, extra-curricular activities, and ESOY participation. It will be available to current university engineering students in their first, second, or third year. The scholarship committee will review the applications received and select the student member for these scholarships.
Edgar P. Kable was President of The Engineering Society of York in 1929 and donated $100,000 for scholarship in 1956. He was theGeneral Manager of The York Water Company for 36 years. His nephew, John Kable, Jr., donated an additional $1,000,000 to the Fund in 2000. The mission of The Engineering Society of York is to promote the field of engineering in the York community.
The Engineering Society of York generally awards up to $2,000 in Edgar P. Kable Scholarships each year. Each recipient in good standing with ESOY may also apply and be eligible for additional scholarships for up to three years, or upon graduation from college. ESOY reserves the right to determine the quantity and award amount of scholarships each year.
The following criteria are applicable for the Edgar P. Kable Scholarship:
- Must be a York County resident at time of application.
- Must be an active student member of ESOY in good standing.
- Must enroll or be enrolled as a full-time student in an engineering discipline at an accredited college or university. Discipline/Major/Degree must be “Engineering”.
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
- Fully COMPLETED application and all required documentation.
Scholarship submissions are due March 31, 2022 and shall be uploaded via online submission.
If any issues/questions with our scholarship application/required documents, please reach out via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).