The Engineering Society of York (ESOY) is pleased to announce that we are accepting applications for High School Engineering Society Scholarships to be awarded this spring for the academic year starting this fall. The Engineering Society Scholarships are strongly based on need, academics and extracurricular activities and we encourage all high performing future engineers to apply. The committee will review the applications received and select the top students to be interviewed for these scholarships.
Edgar P. Kable was President of The Engineering Society of York in 1929 and donated $100,000 for scholarship in 1956. He was the General Manager of The York Water Company for 36 years. His nephew, John Kable, Jr., donated an additional $1,000,000 to the Fund in 2000. The mission of The Engineering Society of York is to promote the field of engineering in the York community.
The Engineering Society of York generally gives out four $2,000 Edgar P. Kable Scholarships each year. Each recipient in good standing will then receive $2,000/ year for the following three years ($8,000 total).
The following criteria are applicable for the Edgar P. Kable Scholarships:
- Must be a permanent York County resident at time of application
- Only students enrolled in an engineering discipline at an accredited college or university are eligible. Discipline/Major/Degree must be “Engineering”.
- If a student discontinues the study of engineering, they will not receive any additional scholarship awards.
- Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status.
- Fully COMPLETED application and all required documentation.
Scholarship submissions are due March 31 and shall be uploaded via online submission.
If any issues/questions with our scholarship application/required documents, please reach out via email (firstname.lastname@example.org).